the bitter lime & sweet mint with earthy walnuts & spicy onion will wake you right up this Monday morning!
(serves 4 & takes 35 minutes)
1 cup walnuts
5 oz baby spinach
6 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
1 small onion, chopped
2 tbsp fresh mint leaves
3 cups plain Greek yogurt
1 tbsp fresh lime juice
freshly ground black pepper
tortilla chips, for serving (these are the best!)
1. preheat oven to 350°F. on a baking sheet, toast walnuts 7 minutes. let cool & chop.
2. in a medium skillet over medium heat, add ½ cup water. once bubbles appear, add ⅓ of spinach & cook until wilted. add remaining spinach & cook until wilted, 7 minutes. place spinach in an ice water bowl. drain liquid & chop spinach.
3. in a medium pan, heat 2 tbsp oil over medium. cook onion 7 minutes. add salt.
4. heat 4 tbsp oil in small skillet over medium. once oil is hot, remove from heat & add mint. transfer to small bowl & season with salt.
5. in a medium bowl, combine yogurt, lime juice, onion mixture, half the walnuts, & wilted spinach. season with salt & pepper. top with remaining walnuts & drizzle with mint mixture. serve with tortilla chips.