a nostalgic Frosted Flakes cereal bowl & a cozy melting-moment snickerdoodle cookie collide to make the ultimate recipe for the 29th day of COVID-19 breakfasts!
(makes 24 cookies & takes 40 minutes)
1 cup unsalted butter
2 cups all-purpose flour
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp kosher salt
2 tsp ground cardamom
2 tsp ground cinnamon
1½ cup granulated sugar
2 large eggs
1 cup cornflakes
1. preheat to 350°F. in a medium saucepan over medium heat, cook butter for 8 minutes, stirring often.
2. in a medium bowl, whisk flour, baking soda, salt, 1 tsp cardamom, & 1 tsp cinnamon.
3. in another medium bowl, combine 1¼ cup sugar & brown butter. add eggs, vanilla, & dry ingredients. cover & let rest 5 minutes.
4. meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine the remaining ¼ cup sugar, 1 tsp cardamom, & 1 tsp cinnamon. scoop out rounds of dough & toss in cornflakes. then, coat rounds of dough with spiced-sugar. place the rounds on parchment-lined baking sheets.
5. bake for 14 minutes & serve.