ever wanted to make bread during quarantine but you cannot find yeast? same. well, here's the solution: these parmesan popovers with sage butter require no sold out ingredients, are super easy to make, & will make your day with their deliciousness!
(makes 12 & takes 45 minutes)
6 tbsp unsalted butter
8 fresh sage leaves
1½ cups your favorite milk
3 large eggs
1½ cups all-purpose flour
2 tbsp fresh parmesan cheese, grated
kosher salt & black pepper
1. in a small skillet over medium heat, swirl 2 tbsp butter & sage until butter browns & sage crisps.
2. preheat oven to 450°F. spray a 12-cup muffin pan with nonstick cooking spray & place tray in oven.
3. in medium bowl, whisk milk & eggs. add browned butter (keep sage leaves apart), flour, parmesan, salt, & pepper.
4. take pan out of oven & pour batter to fill muffin cups ¾ of the way full. bake 20 minutes, lower temperature to 350°F & bake 15 minutes longer.
5. meanwhile, mash remaining 4 tbsp butter & sage. serve popovers warm with sage butter.