enjoy the plum yogurt panna cotta this Monday morning as a sweet & delightful welcome to summer weather.
(serves 4 & takes 40 mins + overnight chill)
3 tbsp fresh lemon juice
2½ tsp unflavored gelatin
2¼ cups your favorite yogurt (this is the best)
1¾ cups heavy whipping cream
1 cup sugar
6 ripe plums or 16 oz frozen plums, thinly sliced
1 tsp finely grated lemon peel
1. in a small bowl, mix 2 tbsp water & 2 tbsp lemon juice. stir in gelatin & let stand 15 minutes.
2. meanwhile, in a large bowl, whisk yogurt & ¾ cup cream. in a small saucepan over medium heat, bring 1 cup cream & ¾ cup sugar to a simmer, stirring until sugar dissolves.
3. coat a cake pan with canola oil. add gelatin mixture to hot cream mixture & whisk until gelatin dissolves. add cream-gelatin mixture to yogurt mixture. transfer to cake pan. chill uncovered until cold, then cover & keep chilled overnight.
3. in the morning, in a medium bowl, toss plums, ¼ cup sugar, 1 tbsp lemon juice, & lemon peel. let stand 10 minutes.
4. fill large bowl with 1" hot water. dip bottom of panna cotta pan into hot water. after loosening panna cotta with a knife, invert panna cotta onto platter. cut panna cotta into wedges & serve with plum mixture.