amid the coronavirus outbreak, many people will not have enough food to eat. some ways to help are to donate, if you are able, to local food banks (especially with the increased demand due to closed schools), or doing some grocery shopping for an elderly neighbor. let's help maintain our communities healthy as best we can, this monday morning, this week & into the future.
(serves 4 & takes 30 minutes)
2 tbsp brown sugar
2 tbsp maple syrup
⅛ tsp coarse salt
2 pears, halved, cored, & each half cut into sixths
¼ cup balsamic vinegar
1 tbsp white sesame seeds
¼ cup fig jam
4 thick slices your favorite bread
small wedge of Parmigiano-Reggiano, shaved into ribbons
1. preheat oven to 400°F. line a baking sheet with parchment.
2. in a medium bowl, mix together the sugar, maple syrup, & salt. add pear slices to coat. place the pears on baking sheet & roast for 18 minutes.
3. meanwhile, in a small saucepan, simmer the vinegar over medium heat for 5 minutes, until it is thick. (if when it cools, it is too stiff to drizzle, put it in the microwave for 10 seconds).
4. stir the fig jam & sesame seeds. toast bread.
5. spread fig jam over the bread, then add pear slices. drizzle with the balsamic reduction, top with shaved cheese & serve.