day 4 of COVID-19 MNDAY BFASTs, & happy Friday. even though it is a ZOOM day today, enjoy taking a bite into these deliciously warm popovers in the morning, & finding the little surprise in the center of them!
(makes 12 & takes 45 minutes)
1½ cups whole milk
3 large eggs
1 tbsp melted + 6 tbsp room temperature unsalted butter
1 tsp vanilla extract
1½ cups all-purpose flour
1 tsp kosher salt
4 oz cream cheese, cut into 12 cubes
½ cup granulated sugar
1 tbsp ground cinnamon
1. preheat oven to 450°F. place 12-cup muffin pan in oven.
2. in a medium bowl, whisk milk & eggs. add 1 tbsp melted butter, vanilla, flour, & salt.
3. remove pan from oven & spray with non-stick cooking spray. pour batter into muffin cups. place a cube of cream cheese in the center of each popover. place in oven for 20 minutes. lower temperature to 350°F & bake another 15 minutes.
4. meanwhile, in a small skillet over medium heat, add 6 tbsp butter until browned & smells nutty. in a small bowl combine sugar & cinnamon.
5. remove popovers from the oven, brush each with browned butter, sprinkle with cinnamon sugar, & serve warm.