these brown butter maple oatmeal cookies will create the most delicious sweet & nutty smell in your kitchen & home in the morning. then, they will be both a great breakfast bite & scrumptious snack break during Zoom meetings.
(makes 24 cookies & takes 30 minutes)
½ cup unsalted butter + ½ tbsp, melted
½ cup sugar
⅓ cup + 1 tbsp pure maple syrup
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 cup all-purpose flour
1 cup old fashioned rolled oats
½ tsp baking soda
½ tsp cinnamon
¼ tsp + a pinch kosher salt
½ cup powdered sugar
½ tbsp milk
1. preheat oven to 350°F & line a baking sheet with parchment paper. over medium heat, in a saucepan, heat ½ cup butter until brown. let cool a few minutes.
2. in a bowl, combine brown butter, sugar, ⅓ cup maple syrup, egg, & vanilla extract.
3. in a large bowl, combine flour, oats, baking soda, cinnamon, & ¼ tsp salt. mix dry ingredients into wet ingredients.
4. roll dough into balls on baking sheet & bake for 10 minutes.
5. meanwhile, in a bowl, combine powdered sugar, 1 tbsp maple syrup, ½ tbsp melted butter, milk, & a pinch of salt. top warm cookies with glaze & serve warm.