super bowl sunday last night was a ball! to get that hype back this MNDAY morning, let's enjoy a delicious blueberry buttermilk breakfast cake, which is perfect for sharing with your fellow fans.
(takes 50 minutes & serves 4)
½ cup unsalted butter + more for greasing
zest of 1 lime
1 cup + 1 tbsp granulated sugar
1 large egg
2 cups fresh blueberries
2 cups all-purpose flour
2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp kosher salt
½ cup buttermilk
1. preheat the oven to 350º F. grease a square baking pan with butter.
2. mix together the butter, lime zest, 1 cup of sugar, & egg until light and fluffy.
3. toss the blueberries with ¼ cup of flour.
4. mix together the 1¾ cups of remaining flour, baking powder, & salt. add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients. fold in the buttermilk & the blueberries.
5. spread the batter into the prepared baking pan. sprinkle the batter with the 1 tbsp of remaining sugar. bake for 35 minutes, until a toothpick comes out clean & serve.